Baked goods in the cooler weather months are inevitable. Everyone is baing up cookies, apple crisp, basically, everything that can pack some sugar and calories. Luckily, we found a great alternative, Pumpkin Spice Leaner Creamer that is made with coconut oil and is gluten and cholesterol free.
Using this to bake, gives you the same great spices and taste but without the sugar. Check out below for a yummy pumpkin spice scone recipe that will quickly become a favorite!
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Spice Leaner Creamer
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice filling
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick paper
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a large bowl — set aside.
- Mix butter into the mixture until crumbly.
- Mix together the pumpkin puree and the eggs until smooth.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together and combine.
- Flatten dough with a rolling pin, then mold into a circle, and use a pizza cutter to cut out scone shaped wedges.
- Set wedges onto baking dish, then brush with milk.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Bake scones for 22 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Drizzle with icing, chocolate, nuts, or whatever else you desire. Enjoy!